Texas Continuing Education COURSE
Legal Update I (2020-2021)
This course provides a comprehensive discussion about laws, regulations, and guidelines affecting real estate practice. Scenarios and case studies woven throughout illustrate practical application of concepts presented, as well as consequences when a license holder fails to comply.
Understanding the law pertaining to your business will help keep you in compliance, and keep your license intact.
Course highlights include:
- TREC rule updates
- Statutory changes to the Texas Real Estate License Act
- Alterations to the TREC Seller’s Disclosure Notice a
- Best practices related to selecting and using seller disclosures
- Important changes made to the One to Four Family Residential Contract (Resale) and associated addenda
- Considerations regarding “smart home” technology
- Property management issues, particularly tenant screening, protections for tenants during a building foreclosure, and consumer reports
- Security issues related to technology, including in-home surveillance during showings and cyber fraud
- Effective ways for license holders to protect themselves and their clients from cyber fraud